Friday, July 4, 2008

My Life being Disabled 04/07/08

Yesterday when I was in my bathroom my call alarm did not work. When I was having a shower the fire alarm went off so I couldn't call for help. After 5 minutes it stopped but my carers didn't come to get me out of the shower for about 30 minutes. I was very cold. They had been having a fire practice ! The electricians had to come out to fix the call alarm later. In the afternoon I watched Wimbledon on television.

Today I went to the computer room in the morning and after lunch I went to my bedroom to do my excercises. I went with a Life Skills co-ordinator to the library to change my book from Don Revie, a biography to William Roache, Soul on the Street, autobiography. When the librian booked it out she said "that was quick". I explained I had a short term memory but I'd picked this book because it was new. When we got back it had only taken 25 minutes ! After that I watched Wimbledon until dinner time. My physiotherapist should have treated me but she never came ? When I tried to call my carersthe call alarm in the computer room didn't work but luckily I carry my mobile with me so I had to phone the nurse on duty and she told my carers that I wanted to go to my bedroom.

No comments: