Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Life being Disabled 21/08/08

Yesterday, one of the life skills co-ordinators asked me if I want to go shopping before we go to Butlins at the end of September. We're planning to go to Skegness for four days. I said I would to go to Meadowhall to get some new clothes before we go to Butlins. She said she'll arrange it.
In the afternoon somebody from Remploy phoned to tell me I've got an interview at Northern College on 27th August at 11:00 and she'll arrange the taxi. I asked my carer if I could go to NETTOS because I wanted some more deodarant but later on she told me because they were short staffed it wasn't possible.

This morning the Tissue Viability Nurse came to see me. She said she was coming at 08:30. At first the carers on nights thought I was going to hospital last night. At 06:45 they woke me to have a shower and get me dressed to see the Tissue Viability Nurse but I told them she probably wants me undressed and in my bed. At 08.40 she came to examine me because my paralysed leg was swollen and some of the skin around my ankle was broken. She measured both legs and took my pulse in both legs. She was going to prescibed some bandages to take down the swelling. Once the initial swelling has gone she will prescibe a sock to keep the swelling down.

After she had gone my nurse gave me a bladder wash then she changed my catheter. After I cleaned my teeth, had a shave, had a shower and got dressedit was time for lunch. I saw the life skills co-ordinator and she asked me to remember to take my sling with me because Butlins charge £50 for one.

No comments: