Monday, September 29, 2008

My Life being Disabled 29/09/08

On Friday some of the residents(4) went to Butlins at Skegness. I went in a disabled apartment with a nurse. After unpacking we went for our dinner and I had chilli-con-carne. After watching the television we went to the disco for a drink. It was very noisy and it was packed out but we just got a table. I stay until 22:45 but I was tired so the nurse took me back. When I got in my bed I realised it wasn't adjustable so I would have to sleep without any support for my back and my neck. I woke up at 02:30 with a pain in my paralysed side and ask my nurse for some painkillers. I could not go to sleep again and the pain got worse. At 05:15 I called my nurse again and told him that I felt rotten. He decided to get a carer to move me onto my side. When they tried to move me the pain got worse. The nurse called the security office who sent someone to see if they could help. Everyone decided that they should call an ambulance. A paramedic arrived and took my blood pressure, ECG and other tests and decided to get an ambulance to take me to hospital. I was taken to Boston to the Lincolnshire hospital. It took 30 minutes to get there but during that time the pain got a little better. It was 07:00 when I was put in a bed in the A&E and a doctor came to examine me. Although she couldn't find anything wrong with me she said I should have some X-Rays. They gave me some more painkillers but at 11:00 they decided that since the pain is getting better I should go home. I told them where I was staying but they said I would be better going to my nursing home. They didn't have a contact number for my nurse but I gave them a number for my nursing home. They prescribed some painkillers.
At 12:00 they decided to move me to the observation ward and at 13:00 my nurse came to take me home.

I stayed in bed on Saturday and Sunday but I only took one painkiller.

No comments: