Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Life being Disabled 02/09/10

On Tuesday lunchtime I felt funny, I don't know what caused it but during lunch the radio was quite loud, there were several carers in the dining room talking and my urine bag needed to be emptied. I think that all this caused me to feel funny. I told the nurse but I went to the toilet to empty my urine bag. When I came back to the dining room I felt a bit better and the nurse took my blood pressure which was O.K. I finished my lunch and the radio had been turned off.

Yesterday I got up at 07:00 because I was going to Barnsley Magistrates Court to observe a general session. It starts at 10:00 but we have leave at 12:00 because our driver/mini-bus is booked for another service user.



Case 1

A man was charged with possesion with intent to supply. There was a doubt with the case over legal aid and it was mentioned that this case might be connect with another case involving murder. So this case was adjouned.



Case 2

A man who pleaded guilty for stealing 2 items from the 99p shop which cost £1.58. He was already on a comminity order and a drugs rehab order. He was fined £100 with costs of £35.



Case 3

A man, from Grimethorpe, was charged with burgalry, damage to a cooker and a broken window with compensation of £735 and costs of £85. When was arrested was tested and found cocaine. In defence his solicitor said although he does not live with his wife and 3 children he supprts them and sees them weekly. This case was adjorned to The Crown Court at Sheffield.



Case 4

A man pleaded guilty to a charge of possesion of Ketamine a Class C drug, was already on caution and a football banning order he was fined £65 with costs of £165.



Case 5

A man was charged with possesion of 6 cannabis plants('more 6 charged with supplying). The plant were not matured but cost £300/plant. The case was adjorned for a probation report.



Case 6

A woman who did not attend because her defence solictor said was on bed rest just out of hospital. This case was adjorned.



Case 7

A man who asked for legal aid but was granted it. The court decided to give legal aid so this case was adjouned.



Case 8

A man who had breach a community order, charged of greviuos bodily harm and drugs offence. He pleaded not guilty for the breach of a community order, the GBH was adjorned for trial at the County Court at Sheffield and the drugs offence he pleaded guilty was also adjouned for trial at the Crown Court at Sheffield.



Case 9

A man who pleaded not guilty to a charge of stealing a mobile phone. This case was adjorned for trial in the Crown Court at Sheffield. When arrested he was tested and cannabis was found. He was already on a drugs rehab order. This case was adjouned for trial at Crown Court in Sheffield and he was given bail.

In the afternoon I received two letter in the post. One from my MP, Michael Dugher, inviting me to a special meeting on the 16/09/10 at 19:00 in Grimethorpe Working Mans Club and the other BT selling Total Broadband. I asked the life skills if I could go to the meeting and they said I could go. I also asked if I could cook a Chicken Vindaloo and they said I could and we'll go and buy the ingrediants on 24/09/10 and cook them the next day.

No comments: