Friday, September 24, 2010

My Life being Disabled 24/09/10

Last Thursday I went to Barnsley hospital to get my teeth X-rayed, my appointment was at 09:00. I got up at 06:00, showered etc., had my breakfast and my patient transport came at 08:30. It was a new vehicle but my electric wheelchair didn't fit. They told their control who sent another vehicle. I arrived at hospital late and was taken to the X-ray department. Firstly I was suppose to be transferred to another wheelchair but the carers forgot to take my belt off. Eventually I was transferred into a normal wheelchair but with a low down back and one of the carers pushing my head so I fit in the X-ray machine.
I saw my consultant who said I needs, at least, five extractions which will be done in Hallam hospital. They will inform me. I got home at 11:00. At 11:30 I went to the computer room but the internet was down.
That night I went to the Labour Party Special Meeting at Grimethorpe Working Men's Club but I couldn't get in because it was on the 1st floor. Later on, I complained to Michael Dugher, MP. I received a reply telling me they won't use that venue again.
On Monday 20/09/10 the lift broke down and I wanted to go to Nettos. It was mended on Thursday.

No comments: