Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Life being Disabled 04/09/10

Yesterday I asked the life skills if I could go to the Special Meeting of the Labour party on 16/09/10 at 19:00 and they I could go. I also asked if I could make a Chicken Vindaloo and they book me into our residents kitchen on 25/09/10 and I have to go to get the ingredients on 24/09/10. I emailed BT requesting they remove me from their marketing lists.

In the afternoon at 16:30 we set off for Wigan, me and my carer, another resident and the life skills driver. To avoid the traffic around Leeds and Bradford I told the driver to go through Huddersfield and join the M62 after Huddersfield. When joined the M60 the traffic was moving very slow. We joined M61 and came off at junction 5 heading towards Wigan. After Hindley we turn left when we have turned right but eventually we got to the DW stadium at 19:00. We found our parking space and went to the ticket office. I had to change my tickets because the away stand was closed. The other service user had to buy his tickets. I change my tickets but he couldn't buy his because they were sold out.
We went into the stadium and were in the front near the centre. It was a good match but Wigan won 34-12 and after the match Wigan were presented with the cup for winning the Super League. I found later that the crowd was over 17,000. By the we got home it was nearly midnight.

No comments: