Friday, October 10, 2008

My Life being D isabled 10/10/08

On Tuesday it was my birthday and I was 54. As soon as I called the carers I knew they were doing something because although they didn't answer my call I could hear them outside in the corridor. When they came into my room they all sang 'Happy Birthday'. At dinner I got a Birthday cake. During the day my catheter by-passed twice and my nurse changed it because she thought it was blocked. I kept thinking how I would cope if my catheter by-passed when I are working.

On Wednesday I awoke at 06:30 because my catheter was by-passing again. The carers came to change my bed and because of this problem we decided I should not go to Work Experience today. The nurse decided I should stay in bed to see if it occurs again. He came back at 07:45 and I was wet again. They changed me again and I stayed in bed. My carers told Remploy that I couldn't go to the Northern College. I stayed in bed thinking about working and why I am trying to work. In the afternoon I decided I should speak with the person from Remploy because I felt this was causing my catheter to by-pass and worry. I told her what my thoughts were and why I felt this way. We decided that I should stop my work experience immediately and should stop looking for work.

On Thursday I didn't get up until 11:00 and stayed in bedroom all afternoon reading.

No comments: