Monday, October 6, 2008

My Life being Disabled 06/10/08

I woke up at 08:00 and called for my carers at 08:05 because I was going to Northern College for my Work Experience today. When my carers came they said they were still getting their handover but they would come when it is finished. They came at 08:30 and I went in the bathroom to clean my teeth and get a shave then I went in the shower. I finished at 09:00, got dressed and went to the dining room to have my breakfast.
The taxi from ACE taxis at Barnsley came at 09:50 and we arrived at the Northern College at 10:30. I met the lady & the gentlman who gave me the interview when I came before and we went through the fire alarm procedures. They showed me where my desk is (the office behind the reception). While they were showing this the fire alarm sounded and we evacuated the building. After 15 minutes we were told it was all clear but we went to another building where I was given an induction course. This was, mainly, a video about Northern College.
After I went back to my desk and someone came to tell me my initial task which is to develop a Email directory for CLP contacts.
They told me I could finish at 13:00 and they told the taxi firm to pick me up then. When I got home I noticed my trousers were wet because I must have been by-passing. When my carers investigated they found that my wheelchair seat was wet through. They had to change my trousers and put my seat cover into the laundry.

No comments: