Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Life beng Disabled 14/10/08

On Sunday I asked to go to Nettos but the life skills co-ordinator suggested we go to the pond and feed the ducks as well. So after lunch 4 residents, 3 carers and the life skills co-ordinator went to the pond at the bottom of Grimethorpe High Street, opposite Sash's warehouse. An accident nearly occured when I was going past Nettos. My powerchair got stuck on the pavement which is lowered to allow wheelchairs and pushchairs to cross the road. I wasn't trying to cross the road but because the footpath drops my powerchair decided to go on the road. Luckily the traffic stopped ! It took several attempts to get my powerchair back on the footpath. I've noticed that these places are always difficult when using a wheelchair or pushchair and wonder if they have any specification ? It took us about 15 minutes to get to the pond where we fed some of ducks. After 30 minutes we came back but I went in Nettos to buy some toilettries.

No comments: