Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Life being Disabled 23/09/07

I have not blogged since 14/09/07 because a) been in hospital b) moved Care homes



On Sunday 16/09 woke up at 06:30 shaved and cleaned my teeth. At 07:05 the senior carer came to pack (I thought it was for hospital) she informed me it to move Care homes ? This had ben organised by the senior nurse ! I was to move Care homes straight after hospital ! I phoned the hospital at 12:00 to see if they had a bed the nurse told me to wait until the ambulance arrives and tell the driver to phone her. At 13:15 the ambulance arrived and he phoned the hospital - still no bed. At 17:15 the Care home nurse said a bed is now available to wait for transport. At 21:15 the ambulance arrived but I could not take my wheelchair I had to go on a stretcher. Got to hospital my own room with television but no remote.



On Monday 17/09 woke up at 05:30 cup of coffee, television and Doctor said he will see me later. I informed the nurse that I require an air-filled mattress. The doctor came in and ask the same question that I answered in the pre-assessment questionnaire and the nurses asked me last night. I asked the doctor why does the NHS use a big database and everybody use laptops he said it not secure ! At 06:00 a nurse came and informed me that I was having an operation this afternoon. At 08:55 the aeneithitist came and ask me the same questions again. At 09:10 the doctor came again and put a Cabbula. At 13:00 the surgeon came to explain what they are going to do. Get rid off all debris and if any stones break them up. My operation is the next to last and should performed about mid-afternoon. At 13:20 the consultant visited and said "hello". I started to read my notes but when the Ward Clerk saw me she took them off me and said you must pay to read these. I offered to pay but she wouldn't tell me who to pay. About 17:00 I went for my operation.

At 20:45 I woke up in the ward. I've got an air-filled mattress and I've had my operation but they didn't find anything.They change my catheter to a bigger one.

Tuesday 18/09 woke up at 06:00 at 08:20 I spoke to the doctors who said I was going for an ultrasound to check my kidneys and make sure I don't have a DVT.







At 15:30 because nobody has heard from the ultrasound dept. the staff nurse chased them. It will tomorrow because they have lost my card !



Wednesday 19/09/07 woke at 08:00 when a doctor came to look at my chart. Had breakfast then all the doctor came round. At 10:00 I went for an ultrasound for my kidneys and my right leg. This department measures 9 metres x 4 metres very small. The guy performing the ultrasound said I had one yesterday !!! BUT it was 18/09/06 exactly one year ago at another hospital. No problems back to the ward at 11:00. 11:25 the sister informed me that I am going to my new Care home. At 16:00 an ambulance came to take me to my new Care home.



At 16:30 I arrived at my new Care home and straight to a birthday party

At 20:30 I went to bed.



Thursday 20/09/07 08:30 Got up with a shower in my room. At 10:30 my Social worker phoned she is coming to see me at 15:30.

My Social worker wants to met my wife this is arranged for Saturday 20/09 at 11:00

She discussed my future because I'm only here on a short term basis about 3 months. She proses to move me to a place in Hull. We also discussed living independently but I can't afford this (I would have to contribute £100 WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT).

No comments: