Friday, October 5, 2007

My Life being Disabled 05/10/07

Woke up at 08:05 called my carers, shower etc. and had my breakfast. At 09:50 the manager from Castle Park Care home came to assess my needs. This ensures the home can meet my needs. After I went on the computer. I emailed the patients liaison team telling them I don't want to further my complaint.


Kerry,
Rather than waste more money dealing with my complaint(s), here is my summary:-

1) I attended Pontefract General on 18th June Urology Investigations for a flexible cystoscopy but they did not have a hoist. My appointment was cancelled when I got there. I used patient transport and one of my carers came with me.

2) I attended Pinderfields General on 1st August Urology Investigations for a flexible cystoscopy but the hoist and sling was the incorrect type. The room was too small. My appointment was cancelled again. I used patient transport and one of my carers came with me.

3) I attended Pinderfields General Hospital on 17th September the patient transport came at 21:30. On 18th September I had an operation under general anaesthetic to break up any stones but they did not find any. The changed my catheter for a larger one. During my stay the ward clerk told me I could not read my notes. On 19th September I should have had an ultrasound to check my kidneys and to check if I had DVT but I never went. On 20th September I had an ultrasound and everything was O.K.

4) On 4th October I should met to discuss my complaint(s) but the taxi never arrived.


To conclude my problem was my catheter keeps on blocking which has been cured by changing it to a larger one. Your procedure for getting to this solution seems a costly one. Should you change your procedure? My solution was to move Care home as I now live in the Barnsley area.

No comments: