Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Life being Disabled 06/12/07

This morning I got up at 06:00 because I had an appointment with Wheelchair Services in Sheffield at 09:45. The letter said be ready at 08:00. The ambulancecame at 09:30 and I arrived at 10:15. Wheelchair Services were expecting me to bring my indoor powerchair but my senior nurse had condemned it. I explained this to Wheelchair Services but they wanted to know why the senior nurse did not tell them. I didn't know as well ! They examined my moulded seat but said in Sheffield they use a different manufacturer. We discussed the plan of actions, which are:-

1. Get my indoor powerchair working again. - to be completed this week
2. Get a new moulded seat. - appointment for 16/01/08
3. Get a new indoor powerchair(can be used externally).
4. Pass my Electronically Powered Indoor/Outdoor Chair (EPIOC) assessment.
5. Convert my indoor powerchair to an indoor/outdoor powerchair.

In the afternoon I put in a bid, on E-bay, for a 4 kg dumb bell of £2.50 the bidding ends at 16:00 10/12/07
10/12/07

No comments: