Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Life being Disabled 09/01/08

I met with my Social worker this afternoon to find out whether or not I am staying at Dearnevale. I came in Septeber 2007 on a 3 month trial to see if I like it here, which I do. I presented my letter:MT Docs 08/001
Issue 001
Page 1 of 2
Why I want to stay at Dearnevale
Introduction
I was unhappy when I lived at Wheldon View because I am not suited to watching the television all day. I prefer using a computer/internet to learn/discover things and I want to go out in the community.
Changes since moving to Dearnevale
1. I have joined the local fitness centre. I attend weekly (Wednesday 13:30 – 14:30) where one of the instructors assists me with weight training. See note 1.
2. I have bought a lap-top computer and have access to the internet.
3. I have joined the library.
4. When I want to go shopping I arrange it with the life skills co-ordinator.
5. I have watched Grimethorpe Rugby League Club three times.
6. Outings that I have gone on are:- See note 1.
13/10/07 Grimethorpe Social Club Sky Super League Final
16/10/07 Barnsley Ten Pin Bowling
20/10/07 Grimethorpe Social Club Northern Soul Nite
24/10/07 Barnsley Pub lunch
27/10/07 Huddersfield Rugby League GB v NZ
29/10/07 Leeds National Armouries
10/11/07 Barnsley Ten Pin Bowling
18/11/07 Bradford National Media Museum
21/12/07 Barnsley Pub Xmas lunch
04/01/08 Barnsley Pub lunch
7. Remploy(Jobcentre) are trying to find a company that will give me some Work Experience.



MT Docs 08/001
Issue 001
Page 2 of 2
Planned Changes at Dearnevale

1. Obtain Work experience by working in Dearnevale’s office.
2. Connect internet to my bedroom.
3. Register with Open University to study Information Technology and Computing. (starts Oct 08).
4. Become a magistrate.
5. Wheelchair Services are providing an indoor powerchair, a new moulded seat and an outdoor powerchair.
6. Jobcentre will find me a job.
7. I want to start driving again.

Conclusion
It has taken me over 3 months to get into this position and I don’t want to start again by moving Care homes.

Note 1 – one of the life skills co-ordinators is on sick leave.

My Social worker said that she will pass this on to her boss.
Also she reviewed my Social plan with me(between me and Wakefield MDC) she would update this and email a copy.

No comments: