Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Life being Disabled 29/01/08

I woke up at 09:00 this morning because I watched a movie on television which started at 21:00 but did not finish until 00:40 this morning. I had a successful bladder wash and two new carers put me in my bathroom. During my breakfast I complained to a nurse that I was not getting any activity time since one of the life skills co-ordintors has gone sick. A life skills co-ordinator asked me if I wanted to go to Argos this morning. One of the new carers went for a break but didn't come back, he just left ? I found out they were from the Jobcentre. We went to Argos because I had a £5 voucher to spend but I didn't spend it. After lunch I prepared for my presentation. The assistant manager asked me to put my complaint in writing so I sent her an e-mail.see below:-
You have asked me to put this complaint in writing, this is my complaint.

When I first became a resident of Dearnevale I was told that with my “costings” I was allowed 3.5 hours of activities per week. But since one of the life skills co-ordinators went sick my weekly activity to the Fitness Centre has stopped. Recently activities like visiting a museum or going 10 pin bowling have also stopped.


At 14:40 one of the carers came into the computer room enquiring why my presentation had been postponed. I didn't know.

No comments: