Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Life being Disabled 25/11/08

Because I didn't have a good experience in hospital I decided to complain. I Emailed the patient liaison team and reqested the Email addresses of Complaints manager and the Cheif Executive with following Email.

On Thursday 13/11/08 at around 13:00 I was suffering from breathing problems and a bad headache. The nurse at my care home took the following action. After speaking to my doctor, the nurse phoned 999 to call for an ambulance. I was taken to Barnsley Hospital with my Hospital Transfer Form. This document provides hospital staff with all relevant details of my needs. I was taken into A & E, had a brain scan and Ward 20. In this time the document went missing and nobody felt it was useful. Although it contained all my medecine information. The outcome of this was:-
a) I forgot that I had bladder washes and on Monday my catheter was by-passing and required to be changed. I got it changed on Tuesday and suffered with wet beds for two days ! (If I had been at my care home it would have been changed by one of the nurses). b) I use 4 different creams, Athelete's foot, catheter entry, legs, groin which were not used whilst in hospital.
c) I have dermititus especially on my head and need a shower/bath every day. While I was in hospital I only got one bath.

On Friday I was told that I have MRSA and that I it had before I came in. I should have been seperated with my own rooom but you did not have one until Thursday 20/11/08. On Friday my severe migrains had stopped.

On Monday I was discharged only to be informed that because there was a lot of sickness and diarrheo on the ward I couldn't go home. Eventually I went home on Saturday 22/11/08. Because I was staying longer I decided to purchase a card to allow me to watch television. BUT there is nobody who works at the hospital who can buy one. It is your policy to NOT deal with patients money.

On Wednesday I ran out of clothing so I contacted my care home and they came to see me on Thursday. They brought me my powerchair to allow me to move around but on Thursday afternoon I was put in a room by myself. They bought me a card so I could watch television and I had these problems.
a) every screen I used (3, on ward, big room and room 13) the headphone socket was loose and the sound was poor.
b) room 13 the telephone does not work.

It was your fault that I could not go home therefore you should pay my expenses which are:-
a) trolley £3.70
b) television/telephone £10

TOTAL £13.70

I received this acknowledgement

I acknowledge receipt of a copy of the complaint sent to Sandra Taylor and Julian Harris I am sure that this will be investigated and responded to under the terms of the NHS Complaints procedure. Should you require any futher assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

I also received this acknowledgedment from the cheif executive

Thank you for your e mail complaint. I am very sorry to hear of your experience and will ensure that your concerns are investigated thoroughly. As soon as this is completed I will ensure that I respond formally and within the required timescales to the issues you outline.

Yours sincerely,

No comments: