Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Life being Disabled 30/11/08

Yesterday I went to watch Grimethorpe Rugby League team it was suppose to kick-off at 14:00 but it nearly 14:45 because the away team from Silsden, which near Skipton, were late. Grimethorpe won easily 46 - 8. I still enjoyed it and there were about 100 spectators.

Last night while watching a movie called 'Enemy of the State' starring Will Smith I remembered that before my stroke when I worked for British Telecom as Duty Manager of the North and Midlands. I use to liaise with MI6. They were not known as MI6 but everybody knew who they were. Every Xmas they would visit us, take us out for a meal, we could eat and drink as much as we wanted but the bill was always settled in cash ! I can't remember what the duty managers did for them but obviously it wasn't always legal.
Later we went to the Christingle market in Barnsley. It was very busy and one of the residents got a chracture drawn by an artist in the middle of the market. All the carers bought a hot sandwich to eat because all of them were hungary. There were all of German market stall most of them selling food. We stayed for 2 hours and then came back for our Sunday lunch.

No comments: