Friday, November 28, 2008

My Life being Disabled 28/11/08

I am paralysed on my right, I have no short term memory and suffer from spontaneous panic attacks. I have decided to BLOG my complaint with my bank. This occured when I was in hospital from 13 Nov 2008 to 22 Nov 2008.

When I was in hospital my bank decided to close my current account. I did not BLOG this because I thought it was just a simple mistake ! BUT I phoned them last Sunday and told them I did not respond to their letter because I was in hospital. They said they could not deal with it on a Sunday but they would deal with it on Monday.

On Monday at 15:30 because I had not heard from them I phoned again and eventually spoke to someone who said I was with the wrong department, they were the Closure Department but not the Voluntary ! I asked to speak to a manager but they said all the managers were at a meeting and one will call me back later. At 17:00 ( I was in the dining room - noisey) A female manager contacted me and told me she was dealing.

On Tuesday by 12:00 I had not heard from my bank so I raised a complaint using the banks procedures :

On Sunday I read my mail for the first time since I went to hospital on 13/11/08 because I'd been in hospital. I got three letter from you, my current account monthly statement, a letter telling me that you were going to close my current account and a cheque from you. I phoned you but my telepin did not work because mine is 4 figures and it should be 5 figures but luckily I had a number for your security team. I told them what had happened and although they could not deal with it today they said they would deal with it tomorrow. I told them I needed cash because I had to pay my Care home. I had over £100 in my Onile Saver Issue 2 account. I asked for my telepin but they would not give it to me.
I waited until 15:43 when I phoned again to find out what was happening eventually, after about 30 minutes, I was told that you can't reopen my account and can open another account which I can use. I asked if my debit card would work and said no. I explained my situation, once more, and asked to speak to a manager. You said there were no managers available but one would call me back later. Somebody phone around 17:00 to tell me that she was dealing.

This morning o(25/12) after checking my accounts on the web there is no change but I am escalating it to you.

On Friday 28/11/08 I ESCALATED TO THE GROUP CUSTOMER RELATIONS

Group Customer Relations,
Unfortunatley I only have the Email address of the customer complaints team and I can only communicate via Email or written form. I am relying on the customer complaints team to forward this complaint to the Group Customer Relations team as step 2 in your complaints procedure. I prefer to use Email because I am paralysed on my right, I suffer from spontaneous panic attacks, I have no short term memory and Email is the greenest way to communicate.
I have had no response since I started my complaint on 25 Nov 2008 at 12:01. Nobody has contacted me by any method. Yet my current account has been closed when I was in hospital from 13 Nov 2008 to 23 Nov 2008.I am desparate for some money. I have a cheque from you for over £100 but I can't cash it and I need cash to pay my Care costs.

I asked my nurse if I could go to the local rugby league match tomorrow at 14:00. Grimethorpe play their matches at the end of road. She said she will ask the life skills co-ordinators.

Later on I heard a nurse on the telephone about one of our residents who was in Barnsley hospital but they wanted to send her home because they were conducting a deep clean of the ward she was in. (sounds familiar). I asked the nurse which ward she was on but she didn't know. Anyway she told the hospital that if our resident goes for 2 days with sickness and diarrheo she can come home. The hospital wasn't very happy.

I have to become a Blood Doner but first I will have to ask my nurse.

This afternoon my catheter was by-passing. This means my urine its't flowing to my catheter bag. I told my carers who put me onmy bed and found the catheter pipe was twisted. They changed my shorts and my pad.

Later on I went to computer room and I got this response from my bank

'I have passed this to the appropriate area in order that this may be investigated and a response sent to you.'

No comments: