Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Life being Disabled 03/08/10

On Tuesday I felt rough and after tea I was vomiting so I went to bed. The next morning I was still vomiting so I stayed in bed and I only had water until the nurse gave me some ice-cream at tea time. Later on I had some ginger nuts but these made me vomit again.

On Thursday morning I woke up at 05:30 vomiting, coughing and very hot so I called the nurse. She took my stats and decided to call 999. I can remember getting to Barnsley hospital in the A & E dept at 07:15. At 08:30 my carers changed and at 09:30 my carer left and left me by myself. After being examined by a doctor I was taken for a X-Ray(chest).

At 11:30 I was taken to Ward 18 and left in the corridor where two of my carers found me. But at 12:30 the nurse at Dearnevale nursing home told them to go back home.

At 15:30 I was given a bed in Ward 19. At 18:30 tried to give anti-biotics via a cannula but this didn't work. The night sister changed my cannula at 02:30 but the anti-biotics were too old. They were changed later and I got a lot of anti-biotics. I was told it will be, at least, Monday when I can come to home.

Stayed in bed, bored, I got a card to view TV and make phone calls. To view TV it cost £3.50(rip-off) a day. On Monday the doctor came to take some blood for tests which proved to be O.K. and I discharged but as it was late I still required some transport to take me. At approx 17:00 a private ambulance came to take home. At 17:45 I got home and watch television.

On Tuesday morning I had a bladder wash out, cleaned my teeth, rinse my mouth with peppermint mouthwash, had a shave and had a long shower. After tea, curry and rice, my bowels opened (I can't remember the last time they opened). It was so bad that my wheelchair was blasted and I had to go to bed.

No comments: