Friday, August 20, 2010

My Life being Disabled 20/08/10

I went to Nettos on Monday afternoon.
On Thursday I got at 07:00 because I was going to Barnsley Margistrates Court to observe a general session because I'm thinking about becoming a magistrate. The court start at 10:00 and I have asked the life skills if we can set off at 09:00. After having a shower, getting dressed and having my breakfast I was ready at 08:45. Life skills came at 09:15 to put me in the minibus. We arrived at the Magistrates Court at 09:45 where I enquired which court I could view the general session. The receptionist told me I could go into Court 1 or Court 3 but in Court 3 there would one trial which would last over 1 day. I decided to go into Court 1 but the usher told us to wait until it was 10:00. He came out at 10:00 and told us to go in and sit at back.

There was 1 magistrate and the first trial was a traffic offence. It concerned a man who had an accident with his van, he was self employed. He pleaded guilty and was fined £160 and 5 points added to his licence.

The second trial was for stealing £4 of jewellery from Primark. He pleaded guilty and the offence was discharged but he was put on probation for 12 months.

The third trial was for not paying fines of £853. Because the man was on benefits he was allowed to pay £10 every 2 weeks.

The fourth trial was for haressment and the man pleaded not guilty so the trial was passed to Sheffield Crown Court.

The fifth trial was for actual bodily harm this was also passed to Sheffield Crown Court.

The sixth trial was for threating behaviour. The person did not speak any English and he had an interpretor. This was also passed to Sheffield Crown Court.

We left but on the way out the usher said we should visit on a Wednesday because it is busier. I have arrange to visit next Wednesday and the usher told us to come early.

No comments: