Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Life being Disabled 28/08/10

On Friday I had an appointment with the Oral Section at Barnsley hospital at 14:00. My dentist, at the New Street Dental Clinic, had asked for a consultant to look at my teeth because he wanted to know what they could do. The patient transport came after lunch at 13:15 and we arrived at Barnsley hospital at 13:40. The two consultants looked in mouth but decided I should have a X-ray. They spoke with the radiologist who said I could stay in my wheelchair. I have to be hoisted into another chair which moves around to permit the X-ray machine to take all my mouth. But they have to order the hoist and there is no guarantee that I will fit into this chair !
So they decided to make another appointment for me to bring my own sling to see if I can fit in the chair in their X-ray department. I will get a letter to tell me when my appointment is.

When I got home I had two letters, one from Medtronic with a new card about my Baclofin pump which I must carry at all times because it may set off security systems.
The other letter was from my MP Michael Dugher inviting me to a special meeting of the North East Branch Labour Party on 16/09/10 at 19:00 where Tom Watson MP is the guest speaker.

No comments: