Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Life being Disabled 09/12/10

Yesterday I put on a large catheter bag and my thermal underwear because I was going to The Alhambra in Bradford to see Hairspray. After breakfast I went to my room to put my hoodie on but I'd forgot that the zip was broken so I threw it away. Instead I put on my fleece. There were 5 residents going with 3 from my unit. We set off at 11:00, it was the first time I had been out in the snow. Our car park had been cleared but Elizabeth Street was covered with packed snow. Going through Grimethorpe the roads were clear but the footpaths weren't. We went through Barnsley to get to the M1. Around junction 40 I noticed that the snow wasn't as deep. We turned off onto the M62 and then onto M606 to get to Bradford. We arrived at the Alhambra at 12:10.
We went to a public house named Sir Titus Salt(Wetherspoons) which use to be The Bradford baths which was built in 1905. We ordered our food and bought a drink but the waiter told us our food won't be ready until 13:15. It was busy because of the matinee show and there were a lot of students as well. I ordered Chilli-con-Carne and large Lattee and mined arrived at 13:20 but some of the others didn't arrive until 13:35. Although we had rushed our meals we went in the Alhambra at 13:50 and we got in our places by 14:00.

Hairspray was a good musical but it didn't have a good story. Actors I recognised were Michael Starke who played Sinbad in Brookeside and Monkees star Mickey Donlanz. It lasted until 16:45 and we got into our bus by 17:00. We got home at 19:10 and we were all tired.
I had some Mullitawny soup and a coffee for tea. For the rest of the evening I watched television.

I woke up at 05:30 and asked my carer put my heating on. I must have fallen asleep again because I woke up at 08:15 when my alarm went off. I had my bladder wash, changed my catheter bag and went in the shower.

No comments: