Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Life being Disabled 15/05/08

On Tuesday in the afternoon I asked my physiotherapist if she could look at the second toe of my left foot because it was paralysed. She said she would treat it and began by moving it. I completed a questionnaire from the Commission of Social Care Inspectors about my views on Dearnevale. Usually they send questionnaire out before they check on the Care home. I said I will speak to them on their visit. I also put that I can't get in any baths at Dearnvale and I am discriminated because I'm in a wheelchair.

On Wednesday we went to Cleethorpes even though I said I wanted to go to Bridlington but the Life Skills co-ordinator said the weather forecast for Bridlington was for rain. On the way I checked and the BBC said Brid Cloudy 13, Cleethorpes 12. When we got to Cleethorpes most things were closed but we parked about 1 mile away from the centre. We went to the town and found a Fish and Chips cafe had our lunch. We went to the amusements then we went back to our mini-bus. When I was getting undressed to go to bed my carers noticed my catheter bag had blood in my urine. My nurse came and gave me a bladder wash and said she would check it throughout the night.

This morning my nurse said she was changing my catheter because the last time recorded was in January. It should be changed every 8 weeks. After it was changed there was a lot of truma. I asked my carers to the Life Skills co-ordinator I wanted to go to the library but they said there isn't a Life Skills co-ordinator working today.
I got a reply from the Labour party about Care charges which I thought it was the Labour's policy but they have reffered me to the Dept. of Health :-

Harriet, An email I sent to my MP. The major thing on my mind:- Dear Jeff, I am writing to you to complain that although the United Kingdom operates a free health service. When I had a major stroke in March 2003 and when I got out of hospital I have had to pay more than £200 per week in Care charges.I have to stay in a Care home and require a nurse but in Scotland this free. I can’t understand this. Can you please explain this to me. Mick Tillotson........

Dear Mr Tillotson Thank you for your email. I suggest that you contact the DOH about this matter at: Department of Health Richmond House 79 Whitehall London SW1A 2NS 020 7210 4850 www.doh.gov.uk Regards, Ben Nicol Membership & Communications Unit The Labour Party

I raised it because it is LABOUR PARTY POLICY ! but the Communications Unit won't answer perhaps The Communist Party want a member.

No comments: