Friday, May 30, 2008

My Life being Disabled 30/05/08

Yesterday after having my bladder wash I began feeling pain in my right. This was most unusual because my right side is paralysed ! The pain started in my face, round my mouth, then down my arm and my leg. The nurse was with me and she said I should stay in bed for 30 minutes. But when she came back the pain was still there. She was going to call my doctor.
Later on she came to tell me my doctor had called an ambulance. At 12:30 the ambulance came and took me to the casualty department at Barnsley hospital. The nurses took my temperature,blood pressure and I had a EGC with everything O.K. After a hour the pain had become pins and needles. At 15:15 the doctor came and I told her what had happened. She was going to talk with my neurologist. When she came back she said it could be my nerve endings working again after 5 years. She told me to speak with my GP and he will prescribe something to null the pain. I got home just in time for dinner.

This morning after breakfast I decided to phone the conctrators who are delivering my powerchair. It was suppose to come at the end of April. When I asked they said it will be delivered on Monday ! I told my nurse.

No comments: