Monday, August 20, 2012

My Life being Disabled 20/08/12

On Saturday I logged off at 18:00, I put my feet up and watched television. I watched Widnes beat Hull FC 42 - 16. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
Yesterday morning I woke up at 07:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I put my Bradford away shirt on because I'm going to Hudderfield to the Rugby League Heritage Centre and to see Huddesfield play Bradford. I went to the dining room and had 2 rashers of Bacon, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, a slice of fried bread and some baked beans. After I stayed in the dining room because we're setting off at 10:45. We set off and when reach the RL Heritage Centre at 11:30. I had sent them a email because I'm in a wheelchair and we got in George Hotel the receptionist went to tell somebody we were here. The recptionist came back and told us somebody(Stevo) will met us downstairs. We went down in the lift and Stevo took us to the RL Heritage Centre. He had to open the back door to get my wheelchair in and he showed round for 2 hours with some Aussies he knew. We thanked him for an enjoyable visit and went to our minibus. It took us 30 minutes to get to The John Smith's Stadium and followed directions from the stewards to get our parking space. I'd been in this viewing platform before but the path use to be grass and some sort of netting but it's concrete with a wall down one side. We entered the disabled viewing platform which was for home fans only. It was a good match with Bradford winning 34 - 12. We set off about 15 minutes after the final whistle and reached home at 18:30. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and watched television. At 21:00 I asked a carer could I go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room andhad breakfast. I went to my room and logged on at 10:30. At 11:30 I listened to a CD and exercised. I had fried egg, chips and baked beans for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 13:30 I watched television and exercised(1.5). At 14:00 my bowels opened and I told the carers who change my pad, shorts plus my shirt. At 15:30 I went to Asda where I bought 2 tubes of Pringles Sour Cream and Onion, 2 cans of deoderant, 2 cans of body spray and a packet of Polo's. I went through the park before I went home. I had Mulligatawny soup for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:00.

No comments: