Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Life being Disabled 16/12/12

Yesterday I logged off at 15:00 to watch a movie while I had shave. I had my own Lasagne, Naan bread and ice cream for tea. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 18:00 I asked the carers if I could get ready to go to the Labour Party Barnsley East Social. I asked them would they change my pad and put my black joggers and my new shirt. At 18:50 skills came to see if my carer had arrived but she didn't come until 19:00. I told skills the Post Code of Rockingham Community Centre S74 0DQ. We arrived at 19:30 and were the first ones there. At 20:00 there was about 100 members, guests and their families. Firstly there was a local lad called Dan who composed, sang and played guitar who stay on for 30 minutes. There was meal break of 30 minutes because somebody had spent all day making sandwiches etc. There was a game of Bingo but I didn't buy a ticket after there was game where you bought 13 playing cards and the 1st one to get all cards called won £15. After there was a raffle where I bought 5 tickets but I won 2 prizes, a bottle of Champagne and a box of House of Parliament Cookies. Dan came on again but we left at 22:30 and got home at 23:00. I went to my room and watched television. At 00:01 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 05:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and logged on 10:00. At 11:00 my brother and his wife came to see me. We talked and drunk coffee until 12:30. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. In the afternoon I watched a movie but at 14:00 my bowels opened and I told a carer who said the other carers were at lunch. I waited until 14:30 and told the same carer who said they've just come back but they'll see to you shortly. I waited until 14:45 and asked firstly the nurse but she was at lunch, secondly the senior carer. Shortly afterwards 2 carers came and changed my pad. I had my own Chilli con Carne with Naan bread and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 17:30.

No comments: