Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Life being Disabled 01/04/08

I got up at 08:30 had a bladder wash which takes 20 minutes. I had a shave and cleaned my teeth. I had a shower then got dressed. I have to be hoisted back on my bed to get dressed.
I was hoisted into my manual wheelchair and went to our dining room for breakfast. I had branflakes because I am constipated and cranberry juice because it is good for my waterworks. I went back to my bedroom where I made a DVD from a movie I got from Limewire called 'AWAKE'. I didn't understand the ending but is quite a good movie.I make DVD's because I prefer to watch movies in our cinema lounge rather than on my laptop. While I was making the movie I used my weights to keep fit. They are 2 ankle weights ( which I use on my normal ankle and a hand weight (4kgs). At lunch I had soup because I'm on a diet. So far I've lost 9kgs in 6 months from 95kgs to 86kgs.
I went to our computer room after lunch.

Later one of the carers asked me if I wanted to go to the lake. I said yes and I wanted a first class stamp and an envelope. We went(2 carers and two residents in wheelchairs) to the Post Office but it was closed and it started to sleet and became very windy. The high street at Grimethorpe is on a hill so we decided to go home. Going back to our Care home the pavement very worn and it is very difficult to push wheelchairs.

This is the latest correspondance:

I refer to your recent e mail sent to Jeff Ennis MP concerning the above.

Can I first apologise that you did not receive a detailed response to your e mail sent to the Highways and Engineering Service on the 29th October 2007.

I can now inform you that this location has been inspected and some sections of footway have been identified for repair. These repairs will be carried out as soon as resources allow.


If you require any further information then please contact me on the e mail address below.


thanks

Stephen John Gibbons
Group Engineer, Highways & Engineering
Environment Directorate, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Tel: 01226 772017

At dinner we had Chilli-con-carne , I didn't have any potatoes and ice cream. Then I went to the Computer room again. I plan to go to my bedroom at 19:00 where I put on my splint which I wear on my paralysed arm to straighten my arm and fingers overnight. To the cinema room to test my DVD and to watch 'Shameless' on channel 4 at 22:00 and E4 at 23:00.

In the morning I have to get up early because I've got an appointment with Wheelchair Services at 10:00 to get an indoor powerchair, wheelchair and a moulded seat. So I must be ready for 08:00 for the ambulance.

No comments: