Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Life being Disabled 23/04/08

This morning I awoke at 07:00 because I had an interview with Barnsley Magistrates to get some work experience. The interview was at 11:00 and the taxi would collect me at 10:15. I was ready at 09:45 and the taxi came at 10:15. The person from Remploy came with me and we arrived at Barnsley Magistrates at 10:40. We had to go in through a fire exit because the main door doesn't have a ramp. Going through the building I got my paralysed foot caught when we went through a door. The person who was giving the interview read my CV and ask me a few questions. She said she has some computer work for me and the finance dept. has loads of work. I said I couldn't work on the desk because it needs to be higher. The person from Remploy said she would deal with that.

We agreed that I should attend on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:30 to 15:30. I asked her about the disabled toilets and she showed me them but I couldn't get out without a struggle.

In the end she said she will look at all the problems I face and decide what to do. She will let Remploy know within a month.

No comments: