Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Life being Disabled 03/04/08

I woke up at 08:30 and asked for my bladder wash. I cleaned my teeth and had a shave then I had a shower. I had an appointment at Barnsley Hospital for 13:40 to have another scan to check that I did not have a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis). I had a scan last week when my leg was twice it's normal size but it was O.K. but the scan stops at my knee. I had to have another scan if the thrombosis was below my knee and was moving upwards. The ambulance came at 12:40 but the hospital had booked it for me to travel on a stretcher. I asked the ambulance driver if I could go in my wheelchair but he said there was space but another person is using it. I had to be transferred from my wheelchair onto the stretcher. We went to pick the other person up but she said she didn't want to go. We got to the hospital at 13:20 and I went straight in for my scan. After 5 minutes they said I didn't have a DVT so I could go home. The ambulance men said they were going on another job but they will be back. I was put in a corridor to wait for them. After about a hour somebody rang the ambulance control to find out where they were ? They were told the ambulance men were busy but they were coming soon. At 15:10 they came and I get home at 16:00. I was put on my bed and my carers transferred me to my wheelchair.

No comments: