Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Life being Disabled 20/01/11

Yesterday morning I woke up 06:15 to watch my television. At 06:25 the carers came to put me in the bathroom so I could clean my teeth and have a shave. After I was taken to the bathroom where I had a shower. I got dressed and was taken to the dining room to have my breakfast. After my breakfast I waited for the transport to take me to hospital. It arrived at 08:15 and it was a contractor. He said he had another wheelchair to pick up in Barnsley.
The traffic was very busy and we arrived in Barnsley at 09:15. We picked up the other person and we went to Sheffield. We arrived at Sheffield at 10:35 and waited in the Day Care Unit waiting room where one of the staff gave me a coffee. At 11:00 I was asked to go into a office were one of the support team asked if I had any questions. I was told what was happening today, what time my operation was on Friday and what time my ambulance would pick me up. The sister came in and ask me what drugs I take but my carer forgot to bring the 'MARS' sheet. She said she would speak to my doctor. She told me to get an EGC in an other department so at 11:30 we went to the EGC department.
We waited in the waited room until it was my turn to go into a changing room where the notice told me take my coat and my shirt off but my carer went to see the receptionist. While she was away a nurse came in and said it does not matter. She said she will take my ECG which she did and my carer came in.
We went back to the Day Care Unit where we went into the office where the sister asked me some more questions and took my EGC chart. She also took some swaps from my nose, my catheter site and my groin to test for germs. She said I had finished so we went to the waiting room to wait for my transport back. We had a coffee but after she came out to tell me that she'd forgot to get somebody to take any blood of me.So she asked me to go to the blood test department. We waited in the blood test waiting room but one of the nurses came to take some blood because the sister had telephoned to tell them I was coming over.
We back to the Day Care Unit waiting room to wait for our transport home. At 14:30 our transport came and at 15:30 we arrived home. I was starving but it was nearly tea time so I went to my bedroom and had a coffee.
After tea the nurse came to see me and she thought I might be staying in hospital after my operation. I asked if I could get up at 06:00 on Friday.

This morning I woke up at 07:15 but fell asleep again until 08:15 and told my carer to tell my nurse I was ready to have my bladder wash.

No comments: