Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Life being Disabled 09/03/13

Yesterday afternoon I logged off at 15:00 to get ready to go to Widnes. I went to the dining room and 2 vegetable Samosas. I was informed that Skills were setting off 16:30. We set off and suggested to go through Huddersfield to avoid the M62. We arrived at 19:30 because the motorways were busy. I had booked a parking space in the Disabled car park near to the Disabled entrance. It was cold and wet but when we(2 wheelchair users and 2 carers) found the away section for Disabled/Wheelchair users was full. I asked a steward if we could go in the home section for Wheelchair users and he said it was O.K.. There were only 2 Wheelchair users in and it was covered unlike the away section. When got in one of the Widnes supporters told us that we shouldn't be in the section and she reminded us every 5 minutes. Our carers sat behind us one step higher than us. I have been here before and there was a viewing platform but this is now boxes. Our carers went for tea/coffee at half time and all of us had plenty of to drink it before the second half. The Widnes spectators were a bit abusive but when their team came back into the game their attitude changed. At the end my colleague had to get changes with both carers taking him to the Disabled toilets and left me in the Wheelchair home section but the stewards let wheelchair users go out before able bodied spectators can get out. The chief steward went took me to stand near the Disabled toilets while my colleague got changed. We went to our adapted minibus and didn't encounter any traffic. We set off at 22:00 but didn't get home until 01:30 due to the M62 being closed. I had a cup of coffee, some Aero and a chocolate biscuit. At 02:15 I asked a carer if I could to bed.
This morning I woke up 08:25 because I didn't set my alarm and I told a carer to tell the nurse I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my leg bag to a siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and logged on at 10:30. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 14:30 I had 2 Onion Bajhis and a cup of coffee. I went to dining and had Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice and an ice cream. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:30.

No comments: