Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Life being Disabled 16/03/13

Yesterday I logged t 15:00 because my bowels had opened and I wanted to get changed because at 18:00 a taxi from Alpa is coming to take me to the AGM of the Barnsley East CLP at West Bank House in Hoyland which is the HQ of Michael Dugher MP. The carers chnaged my pad, trousers, shirt and shoes. I went to the dining room at 16:25  where I had Tomato soup and ice crea for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and went downstairs to wait for the taxi at 17:55. It came at 18:05 and we arrived at 18:35 but the meeting was scheduled to start at 19:00. We were shown into the meeting and I positioned my wheelchair on the 1st row. By 19:00 there were about 20 members and the meeting finished at 19:30. Everybody who was going to the Elachi restaurant stayed behind to get directions. It was 500 yards down the road and I completed at 20:00. There were more people here than at the AGM. We didn't received our Chappattis and pickles until 20:30 after Michael Dugher and his guest Dave Watts MP for St Helen's North made a speech. We didn't received our starter which was a sausage, 2 Chicken wings, a Chicken leg and salad until 21:30. I chose my main course of Chicken Jalfrezi and finished it all 22:45. People started going home and at 23:05 my carer went to see where our taxi was. He was outside, we put our coats on and went outside to get in our taxi. We arrived home at 23:30, I went to my room and at 00:30 I asked the carers if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke at 05:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I called the nurse came to give me a bladder wash. After the carers changed my leg bag to a siphon bag, I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and decided to go to Asda. I asked a carer to put my fleece, hat, scarf and gloves on. I went to Asda where I bought 3 packets of Indian snacks, a box of thin chocolates mints, a big bar of Aero and a bottle of  chewable Vitamin C pills. I went to my room, unpacked my shopping and logged on at 11:00. I had Liver, Bacon, mashed potatoes, Brussel sproats and carrots for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. I spent most of the afternoon tiding my room because the leads to my TV and PC were not connected properly. I had fish fingers, baked beans and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 19:00.

No comments: