Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Life being Disabled 20/09/12

Yesterday I logged off at 18:00, I cleaned my teeth and watched television. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 02:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. The carers couldn't put my new splint on and they took me to see the nurse. While we were there the physio came and showed all the carers how it fits. She took several photos on my phone to show to carers. I asked if she had any objections by me joining the gym. She said she will have to take a Risk Assessment first(after 2 weeks because she's on A/L). I mentioned about my run in with a car park on the pavement yesterday and I contact the police on 101. I was told I should seek assistance from the home. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I was informed that skills are not available to assist me cooking my Fish & Chips at teatime. I went to my room and logged at 11:00. At 11:30 I watched television and exercised. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. The nurse and the senior carer came to my room and said they were lending my bed to a new resident because I don't use a facility that they require. At 15:00 I went to Asda but called in New Options where I spoke to the management team. They said my membership has been on hold until my physio had done a risk assessment. I went to Asda where I bought a Cumberland Pie. I went home and asked a carer to put my Cumberland pie in my fridge. The physio's assistant took me to their room and stretched my right hand in hot water. I went to my room and asked a carer to take my Cumberland pie and cook in our microwave. I served it with a cup of coffee. I went to my room, I cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:00.

No comments: