Monday, September 24, 2012

My Life being Disabled 24/09/12

Yesterday I logged off at 18:45, I put my up and watched television. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:00 and watched television until 06:00 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I took my hearing aids, my false teeth, my sunglasses and both pairs of glasses because I had an appointment for a Diabetic Eye Screening at the Robert Hague Centre for Diabetic and Endocrinology at 09:30. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix and a black coffee. I waited for the transport that my nurse had ordered. It arrived at 09:30, we picked up 2 other patients and we arrived at Barnsley Hospital at 10:20. I was called into a darkened room where somebody tested my eyes and put drops in them. I waited for 30 minutes and went back in. She put a big camera in front of me and I was expected to bend my back to enable her to take photographs of my retina but I can't bend my back. I explained my Baclofin pump and how it eases my pain. She said I will have to see a consultant. We went to the Patient Transport where we waited for 30 minutes. The car took back to Dearnevale and arrived at 12:15. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:30.

No comments: