Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Life being Disabled 31/02/13

Yesterday I got change to go to The Bullbuilders AGM which was in The Coral Stand at Odsal, Bradford. At 16:25 I went to the dining room and had my own Pasta bake and ice cream. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 17:25 Skills came for me and my carer joined us at the dining room. We set off at 17:45 and arrived at Odsal at 18:50. We drove up to the Coral stand and disembarked at the Disabled lift where somebody from the tried to get the lift working. She went inside and a weedy looking man tried but he decided to manually hoist the lift. He used a long lever that had be inserted on both sides of the lift but he couldn't move it. Another man came and they hoisted the lift up. It took until 19:15 for me to get in because my driver and carer had gone inside because it was cold and very windy. The meeting started at 19:35 with the Chairman asking if the minutes last years AGM were correct. He gave a report about what had happened in year 2012. He said there were 3 choices to be taken. Firstly to disband because the new owner is funding the Academy, secondly to become a supporter trust(where I found out Bullbuilder has 200 members but the Bulls have 10,000 supporters and lastly no change). The chairman opened the floor for questions but we left at 20:30 because the vote hadn't been taken. We arrived at Dearnevale at 22:00, I watched television until 23:00 when I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 05:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my leg bag to a siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to the manager's office to lend her my magazine with an article about my brother's house and to tell the managers plus the office staff are invited to Bollywood Lounge next Tuesday at 17:00. I went to my room and phoned The Audiology Dept. at Barnsley hospital to enquire what's happening with my hearing aides and my 3 yearly check. They replied they will look into it. I logged on to change my passwords. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 13:30 my bowels opened and the carers changed my pad. I look for Skills to inform them that the match between Bradford Bulls v St Helens has been changed from 15:00 24/02/13 to 14:00 23/02/13. I left a note for them and tried the physio's room because my splint is faulty but there was nobody there. At 16:25 my bowels opened again but the nurse said I must stay in my room until the carers are fee.

No comments: