Friday, July 5, 2013

My Life being Disabled 05/07/13

Yesterday I logged off at 17:30, I put my feet up and watched television. At 23:00 I asked a carer could I go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I asked if they would cut my hair. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I asked my carers if they would help me to sort out my clothing. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast. I went to my room but the nurse came and she told me the manager wants to see me. I went to her office where the manager, the senior nurse and the physio were sat. The manager told me about an incident where I had difficulty getting down Elizabeth Street and my carers had to put my wheelchair on manual but I created a minor storm. They put an incident form in and manager has speak with me. We talked about me volunteering at Acorn Centre and she said a carer will take me to see the manager this afternoon. I had fried fish and mushy peas for lunch. I went to my room and logged on at 13:00. The manager from Pugneys Country Park arranged a meeting on Wednesday 10/07/13 at 11 :00. I told my eldest son who said he'll accompany me. I arrange a wheelchair taxi from Alpha Taxis to pick us up at 10:00. At 14:00 the physio and her assistants came and took the residents to the park. We stayed for 45 minutes and got home at 15:00. I went my room and worked on my laptop. I had Mulligatawny soup and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth but my bowels opened and I told a carer who they were very busy. I logged off at 18:30. 

No comments: