Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Life being Disabled 06/02/13

Yesterday I logged off at 18:30, I put my feet up and watched television. At 21:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 05:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer could I get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and logged on at 10:00. I got a letter from the Audiology Department at Barnsley Hospital informing me that I had an appointment at 15:30 today with transport arranged. My eldest phoned to tell me he was coming to borrow 'Robbie Rugby Warrior' the book I just finished reading. He came at 11:30 and left at 12:25 when I went to the dining room. I had Chicken Korma and boiled rice for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth.My bowels opened and the carers changed my pad. At 13:45 Patient Transport arrived we went straight to Barnsley Hospital and got there at 14:30. We checked in but the person in charge of the Audiology Department said we could go to the cafe first. We went there but brought my coffee back to the Audiology Department. At 15:35 we went in and I had my hearing tested. She told me there was no change since the last time but she adjusted my hearing aids. She told me I had wax in my ears and to tell our nurse. She told me to get another appointment in 3 years. We went down to the waiting room for Patient Transport and waited until 16:45. The transport dropped 3 patient off before us and we arrived at Dearnevale at 18:00. I went to room and took my fleece off. I went to the dining room and had Mulligatawny soup for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 19:30.  

No comments: