Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Life being Disabled 28/02/13

Yesterday I logged off at 19:00, I put my feet up and watched television. At 21:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 02:30 and watched television until 07:00 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag to a leg bag and got dressed. I got up at 07:00 because I had an appointment with Dr. Maters at Grimethorpe Surgery at 10:10. I put a leg bag on because tomorrow we're going to The Trafford Centre. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and logged on at 09:00. At 09:40 a carer came to take me to the GPs. I went to see Dr. Maters at 10:10 and he diagnosed my leg. He prescribed some antibiotics and said if the swelling doesn't go down I should phone him to get admitted to hospital. We went to the pharmacy but they said it would take 30 minutes. I went to Asda where I bought 2 Onion Bajhas, 2 Vegetable Samosas, 4 mini Naans, a bottle of shower gel, 2 cans of deodorant, a bottle of cough medicine and a tube of toothpaste. I came home, unpacked my shopping and went on my computer. I tried phoning Widnes to get some tickets for the match on the 08/03/13 at 20:00 but I couldn't get through. At 12:00 the nurse gave me the antibiotics. I had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and cleaned my teeth. At 13:30 my bowels opened and I told the carers who change my pad. I went to the training room where Heather from HQ was teaching residents about Basic Food Hygiene. This lasted until 15:30 and I went to my room. I had scrambled eggs, hash browns and tomatoes plus ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged out at 18:30.

No comments: