Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Life being Disabled 23/02/13

Yesterday I logged off at 18:00, I put my feet up and watched television. I watched Leeds Rhinos lose to Melbourne Storm 14 - 18. At 22:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 09:00 when the nurse came in to give me a bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag to a leg bag and got dressed. I put a leg bag on because we're going to Odsal at 12:00 to watched Bradford play St. Helen's at 14:00. I put my thermal long johns and my thermal vest. I went to the dining and had 2 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs and some baked beans. I went to my room and got ready. At 11:55 a carer came to tell me we're going. I picked my Bradford shirt, my woolly hat, my scarf and my gloves plus my rainproof fleece. We went down to the adapted minibus got on and another wheelchair got on as well. At 13:00 we arrived at the Coral stand but the disabled lift wasn't working again. The doormen picked the other wheelchair user up and carried him inside but because my electric wheelchair is too heavy another man put me in the lift. He had too hoisted manually which took him 20 minutes. We parking in the viewing gallery because it was cold. I bought a coffee at £2 and we watched the match inside. It ended with Bradford 10 St. Helen's 36. It was 17:30 when we got home, I took my Bradford shirt off and I went to dining room. I had my own Mulligatawny soup for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 19:30.

No comments: