Monday, December 2, 2013

My Life being Disabled 01/12/13

On Friday I logged at 16:00 and watched television. I had Quiche, baked beans and ice cream for tea. After tea I went to Asda and bought 2 hot Onion Bahjis, 2 Vegetable Samosas, 2 boxes of thin mint chocolates,, 2 bottles of shower gel, a can of deodorant, a packet of mint chocolate biscuits and a chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and watched television. At 23:30 I asked a carer if I could to bed.
Yesterday I woke up 08:30 when the nurse came in and told me she was washing bladder out. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag to a leg bag and got dressed. I put my thermal vest and my thermal long johns on because we're going to Old Trafford to watch The Rugby League World Cup Final between New Zealand and Australia which starts at 14:30. I went to the dining room and had a sausage sandwich for breakfast. I went to my room and at 10:45 I asked a carer if she would get my fleece, bulls scarf, bulls woolly hat, bulls water bottle, my theral gloves and my new england shirt. We went down to the minibus and got on. It was busy on the M62, M60 and the roads to Old Trafford. We arrived at 13:45 but the Disabled Parking is in the West Stand but all the Wheelchair spaces are in the East Stand and it took us 30 minutes to get in the East Stand. I went to our positions but the other resident had to go to the toilet. I got in my position before New Zealand performed The Ha-ka but the other resident didn't. The match was good at half time the score was 2 - 16. After half time New Zealand rallied but they didn't score and in the last quarter Australia took the final score to 2 - 34. We watched the presentation with Thurston winning the man of the match and the lap of honour. We went back to our adapted minibus but on we stopped for a cup of coffee(£2). There was about 200 supporters outside the dressing rooms waiting for the teams to come out. We set off at 17:30 and arrived home at 20:00. I went to my room, put my feet up and watched television. I order a 14" Bolognse Pizza from Grimethorpe Pizzas. At 23:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke at 07:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer my catheter was by-passing. The nurse, unit manager, came and I asked her to change my catheter. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs and a portion of baked beans. I went to my room and logged on at 11:00. At 12:20 I went the dining room and had Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I went to my room and logged on at 13:00. At 13:30 my bowels opened and my carers changed my pad. After I put my legs up and watched television. At 16:?25 I went to the dining room and had Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau rice and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 17:30.

No comments: