Monday, February 7, 2011

My Life being Disabled 07/02/11

On Friday afternoon I did my exercises, watched television and read my book. After tea I was hoisted into the wheel/arm chair and watched television. About 21:00 I fell asleep and woke up at 23:30. I asked the carers to put me in bed.
I woke up at 05:30 and watched a film. I got up at 08:15, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed, putting my thermal vest and long johns on. Because we're going to Leeds this morning. I had my breakfast at 09:45 then I was loaded onto the mini-bus. We set off at 10:00 and arrived at Leeds at 11:00. We parked near Park Square and went to the shops because the carer wanted the toilet. We went up Briggate, down The Headrow and up Cookridge Street to the Millenium Square. We were going to visit an exhibition about The Chinese New Year because one of our residents is Chinese and he was meeting his family. We met his family outside The CarriageWorks and the rest of us went in. It cost £5 and there was exhibitions on calligraphy, singing, dancing, tai chin and knitting. We went through these but at 12:00 we decided to go out for something to eat. There were a few restaurants next door and we went to The Spice Quarter next door. It was a self service and there was Indian, Italian, English or Tai. I had Chicken Balsi, Onion Balsi, Potatoes, Rice. I had plenty and others had two platefuls. I had a still water and it cost £10.75. We went back into The CarriageWorks to watch the performances in the theatre. We watch some Chinese dancing, some Belly dancing and a women doing Tai Chi but it was amateurish so we came out. We walked through the shops and I bought some Diabetic sweets from Thorton's which cost £2.30. At 15:30 we were all tired and we decided to go to our mini-bus to wait for our Chinese resident. At 15:55 he texted us and we went in our mini-bus to get him. We asked him if he went to the exhibition but he said they went for a meal !
We set off home and got back at 17:30. I had my tea and watched television until at 22:00 I went to bed. I woke up at 06:00 and watched a film which I'd taped from Sky Atlantic. I got up at 08:15, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I had my blood/sugar levels taken 7.4, had my breakfast and went into the computer room at 10:02.

No comments: