Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Life being Disabled 26/02/11

On Monday I had my lunch at 12:00 because I was going to the dentist. The skills were taking me at 13:00. We set off to Barnsley but we encoutered a traffic jam and didn't arrive until 13:50. We went into the waiting room and the person from skills went to Morrison's. I went into the dentist's surgery but found a new dentist because the old one was on long term sick. He examined my teeth and decided to give me false teeth because I had 9 extractions in hospital the week before. But my gums were not ready so I had to wait for 3 months. He gave me another appointment to clean my teeth, have a filling and take my measurements for my false teeth.
We went back home and I started reading my book called QI The Book of General Ignorance. I had my teeth and I watched television until 22:30 when I went to bed.
On Tuesday I woke up at 06:30 and watched television until 08:15. I had my bladder wash, got up, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. The carers went to get my electical wheelchair and swop my moulded seat from my manual wheelchair but found out that the strap was broken. They spoke to the physio who was in charge of wheelchairs and decided I couldn't use my moulded seat. He reported to Wheelchair Services who told him it would be Friday to fix it. I stayed in my bed for 4 days watching television, reading and only getting out to have a shower every morning. I WAS BORED !!!


On Friday lunchtime I had Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas from the chips shop in Grimethorpe for a change it cost £5.25. After lunch Wheelchair Services came and mended my moulded seat. I stayed in my bedroom and tidied it up while watching television. I read my book and went to tea in the dining room. I had Cornish pastie and baked beans. I watched television including St. Helens lose to Warrington. This year St Helens are playing at Widnes Vickins home ground until their new ground has been built. I watched television until 23:30 when I told the carers I wanted to go to bed.
This morning I awoke at 07:00 watched television until 08:15. I called for the carers to tell them I was ready for my bladder wash and to turn my radiator on. The nurse came in at 08:20 and washed my bladder. I called for the carers at 08:30 to get me up, put me in my bathroom, clean my teeth and get shaved. I was then taken to the bathroom down the corridor to have a shower. After my shower I was put on my bed and dressed. I went to the dining room to have my breakfast then I went to the computer room. I ordered book from Amazon called "Sister" by Rosamond Lupton.

No comments: