Friday, February 11, 2011

My Life being Disabled 11/02/11

On Wednesday afternoon my transport came at 13:20 and we arrived at The Northern General Hospital at 14:30, although my appointment was for 14:00. After reporting to the receptionist I was taken through to an office were they 5 people. They introduced themselves b ut I can't remember all of them. The asked me a few questions and then put in a chair. The chair was covered with polystyrene balls which was connected to an air pump. The contractor moved the polystyrene balls to fit my body and blew the bag up. He continued until it fitted perfectly and from this he will make the mould.
The man from wheelchair services said Clarke & Parteners will pick up my manual wheelchair when my mould is ready. He gave me another appointment on 23/03/11 at 14:00. We went back to the reception and waited for our transport which came at 15:50. We picked up another patient who lived in Barnsley and we got home at 17:30. The nurse took my blood/sugar level, which was 4.7. She took it because my doctor has presribed some more diabetic medicine.
After tea I stayed in my wheelchair and watched television until 22:30. I went to bed and woke up at 05:30 and watched television until 08:15. I had bladder wash, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I had my breakfast and went into the computer room. The intranet was not working so I worked on my book about hacking.
In the afternoon I did my exercises but at 14:00 a carer came to tell me we had an entertainer but he's blown his equipment up so we're having a quiz and playing bingo. After I went to my room and read my book. After tea I watched television until 22:30 and went to bed.

This morning I woke at 06:00 and watched television until 08:15 when I called a carer but she said she was in the handover. I asked her to turn my radator on and could somebody cut my hair. They came back at 08:45, I got up, had my haircut, cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered and got dressed. I went to the dining room to have my breakfast. The nurse came to give me my medicine and to tell me I've got an appoitment with my new GP on Monday at 08:10. I told the carers that I wanted to get up at 06:00 on Monday. After breakfast I went into the computer room and the intranet was not working again so I told a carer to tell the clerical people. I continued working on my hacking book. One of the clerical people came in and starting working on another computer.
Today I \asked if I could cook my own fish but there was no skills available. I had fish for dinner and did my exercises while watching television. After one of the carers told me that the intranet was working. I went into the computer room at 15:30, had my tea and went back at 17:00.

No comments: