Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Life being Disabled 08/11/12

Yesterday I logged out at 18:00 because my bowels had opened and told a carer who changed my pad. I put legs up and watched television. At 21:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag to a leg bag and got dressed. I put a leg bag on because I going to Barnsley Hospital to have eyes tested because I'm diabetic. I went to the dining room and 1 Weetabix followed by a Bacon/Tomato sandwich. I went to my room and logged on at 10:45. At 11:45 I went to the dining room and 2 poached eggs, chips and baked beans. I went to my room and cleaned y teeth. At 12:45 the patient transport arrived to take me to Robert Haigh Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology. We arrived 13:45 because picked other patients up. I went into the Retinal Screening where a nurse applied some drops into my eyes and after 15 minutes I went into a room that had a camera and I asked whether I was going through the same procedure as last time. The told me this camera moves vertically but with 2 nurses I couldn't get my chin on to the camera because my back doesn't move. I asked to speak to a manager to complain. Somebody from PALS came and she told me her manager was already dealing with my original complaint and to ensure this is added to it. We went Patient Transport and told them I wanted to go home but the vehicle was not big enough for my power wheelchair. We waited until 16:00 and got home at 16:30. I had a jacket potato with baked beans. I went to my room and logged off 18:30.

No comments: