Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Life being Disabled 15/11/12

Yesterday I logged off at 18:00, put my feet up and watched television. At 22:00 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 04:30 and watched television until 08:10 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I had 2 sausages, 2 rashers of Bacon, 2 fried eggs and baked beans because I'm going to Royal Hallamshire hospital for my top set of teeth taken out this afternoon. I went to the Acorn Centre to vote for the Police Commisioner. I had difficulty getting in because the door wasn't wide enough. I had to change my wheelchair to manual and somebody pushed me into the room. I voted and they pushed me out. I came back to Dearnevle Nursing Home and packed for my visit to Royal Hallamshire hospital. I was ready as instructed for noon. My transport came at 13:30 with another patient on board. We picked another one and we went Sheffield. They were having Radiology treatment and we went to the Royal Hallamshire hospital. We arrived at 14:30 but I had to wait in corridor before I was allocated abed at 15:00. About 5 minutes I was told I was allocated a room because I had MRSA. I stayed my room and watched television that cost £10 per day. I complained because the picture kept freezing and internet didn't work. They sent an engineer who said he would into it because he thought fixing needed changing. I phoned the control and asked for the money to be refunded. I realised that I didn't have an air flow mattress and complained to the ward manager and to her supervisor. I had Tomato soup, Mince and Onion pie, cabbage and carrots followed by Syrup Sponge with Custard for tea. About 22:30 I asked nurse if I could go to bed.

No comments: