Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Life being Disabled 28/05/13

Yesterday I logged off at 18:30, I put my feet up and watched television. At 23:00 I asked the carers if I could go to bed but when they were hoisting me they had put my right arm inside my sling. It hurt  and I told the carer but she hoisted me on to my bed. I demanded to see the nurse who examined my right arm and gave 2 paracetamols. It was after midnight before I went to sleep.
This morning I woke up at 07:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer that I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went my room, texted my sons asking them if I could go to Manchester City Centre once I get my car. My eldest son said he wants to go. I phoned St. Helen's and bought 2 wheelchair users, 2 carers and a disabled parking space. I had Sirloin Steak, chips, peas and onion rings for lunch. I went to my room and the physio's assistant came for me( again ) to ask me if I wanted to go to their room. We went to their room and she stretched my right hand for 10 minutes. I went back to my room and asked a carer if I could go to Asda. She came back and said after tea. I had my own Pasta Bolognese and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:30.

No comments: