Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Life being Disaled 14/05/13

Yesterday I logged off at 19:00, I put my feet up and watched television. At 22:30 I asked a carer could I go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 06:00 and watched television until 07:10 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. I got up early because my nurse had booked an appointment at the Audiology department at Barnsley district hospital for 11:30 but my transport could arrive at 10:00. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast. I went to my room, fixed my new wheelchair bag on and put my hearing aides, my mobile, my wallet and the other things that I carry in my bag. I logged on at 10:00 and watched for my transport. It came at 10:40 and we arrived at 11:10. We saw the Audiology student who examined my hearing aides and changed the batteries plus the tubing. We finished at 11:40 and went downstairs to inform the transport control that we were ready to go home. At 11:50 we set off and arrived at Dearnevale Nursing Home at 12:20. I went to the dining room where I had Mulligatawny soup. I went to my room to wait for 14:00 because the physio and her assistants are the residents round Grimthorpe. I went downstairs and joined the residents, carers, handimen and physio's assistants etc.. We went down The High Street, across Park Spring Road to Ferrymoor Way stopped to fed the ducks at pond. Came back through theindustrial estate joining Acorn Way, Queensway, called in Asda where I bought 2 Vegetable Samosas, 2 Vegetable Pakardos, a Chicken Jalfrezi with pilau rice, a box of thin mint chocolates, a big bar of Aero, a bottle of shower gel and a can of deodarent. Wecame home, unpacked my shopping and went to the dining room. I had a sausage with tomatoes and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 19:30.

No comments: