Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Life being Disabled 10/11/13

Yesterday I logged at 15:30 and continued to watch England v Fiji which England won 34 - 12. I had tomato soup and ice cream for my tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and got changed to go Bradford, St. George's Hall to see The Magic of Motown which starts at 20:00. We set off Skills(driver), 2 carers and 3 residents(2 wheelchairs users) at 18:00. We arrived at the Alhambra Disabled Car Park which was about 15 mins to St. George's Hall. Where we went in bar for a drink. I'd taken my Bradford Bulls flask with water in it but a resident had a glass of Coke which cost £1.90. After we went our seats mine was U4 wheelchair which was behind the main aisle but the other resident were on the side of theatre. There were two wheelchairs in front main aisle and the same at the other side. We had good view and the theatre was full. When the show started a few people got up to dance which restricted my view and I complained to the usher who went to get the manager. He tried to clear my view but towards the end of the show nearly everybody was dancing. The 2 wheelchair users in front of me left before the finale Jackson 5 tribute because they couldn't see. The show finished at 22:30 with 30 mins break at 21:00. We got home at 00:15, I went my room, had 8 biscuits and a cup of coffee. I asked the carers could I go to bed at 01:15.
This morning woke up at 07:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my leg bag to a siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining to have breakfast but my 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs and a portion of baked beans were not ready. I had a cup of coffee and my breakfast arrived at 09:45. After I went to my room and logged on at 10:00. At 12:00 bowels opened and the carers changed my pad. I had Tomato soup for lunch. I went to my room and logged on my big PC. At 14:00 I put my legs up and watched television. I had, my own, Chicken Jalfrezi and ice cream for my tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged at 18:00.

No comments: