Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Life being Disabled 12/11/13

Yesterday I logged off at 18:00, I put my feet up and watched television. At 22:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I told a carer I was ready for my bladder wash. After I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered, changed my siphon bag and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast. I went to my room and my eldest son txt me to tell me he would be coming this afternoon or on Thursday to take my new CD player back to the shop because it doesn't play CD's and the remote control doesn't work. Skills came and I paid £11 for my Xmas lunch at The Norman Inn at Monk Bretton on 09/12/13. At 11:00 Patient Transport arrived to take me and an other resident to Pontefract Hospital but it couldn't get our wheelchair to fit. My transport arrived at 12:00 and we got to Pontefract hospital at 12:40. Just after 13:00 I was called to go into a room where an Orthotics person made casts of my feet. She told me they send the casts to Leeds and usually take 6 weeks. I should receive an appointment in 6 weeks. We went to the reception where the assistant physio told them we had finished and could they order our transport. About 15 minutes later the same driver came to us home. We got home at 14:30 and logged on. I had Rump steak, onion rings, processed peas, tomatoes and home made chips plus ice-cream for tea. I went to my room and the senior carer came for me to go Asda. I went to Asda while he went to the Pharmacy. He joined in Asda where I bought 2 Onion Bahjis, 2 Vegetable Samosas, 2 Vegetable Pakardos, a bottle of shower gel, a can of deodorant, 2 big bars of Aero and 2 boxes of thin mint chocolates. We came home, unpacked my shopping, cleaned my teeth and I logged at 18:30.

No comments: