Monday, April 15, 2013

My Life being Disabled 15/04/13

Yesterday I logged off before tea at 16:15 because the nurse said she's changing my catheter after tea. I had Chicken Vindaloo, Garlic & Corinander Naan bread and ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth, watched television and waited for the nurse. The carers came at 18:00 to put me on my bed but had to change my pad because my bowels had opened again. They told the nurse and she called another nurse to supervise. They change my Catheter and put on a leg bag ? I asked the carers to change  my leg bag to a siphon bag  and they hoisted me into my electric wheelchair. I put my feet up and watched television. At 21:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke up at 07:30 and watched television until 08:15 when I asked a carer if I could get up. I cleaned my teeth, shaved, showered in my shower because workmen are ripping the communal bathroom out and got dressed. I was reminded that I'm cooking a Pizza this afternoon. I went to the dining room and had breakfast. I went to my room and decided to go to Asda to see if they have something to get my Black Eye down. I bought a bottle of Balsam, a bottle of Vitamin C chewable pills, a pack of Decongestion pills and a box of ?/////. I came home, put these away, had a cup of coffee and did 1 round of exercises. I asked a carer if they would put me on Skills wish list because I want to go Capri Bistro.  I logged on at 11:45 but the Domestics came to deep clean my carpet. I took my laptop to the dining room. At 12:00 I had Lasagne with garden peas. I continued working on my laptop and at 13:30 I went to my room. I gave a list of matches for Shaw Cross 1st team are playing to Skills and asked them to see if I can go to any. They said the match on 03/08/13 against Castleford Panthers and the match on 21/09/13 against Normanton was OK.
At 15:00 the physio's assistant came for me to go to their room and stretch my right arm under hot water for 15 minutes. After I went to my room until 16:15 when a carer took me to the Therapy kitchen to cook a Pepperoni Pizza. We warmed the oven to 200' degrees and cooked it for 10 minutes. We took it to the dining room and I eat it with ice cream. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth, tried to get my DVD/CD writer/reader working and logged off at 18:30.

No comments: