Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Life being Disabled 31/05/13

Yesterday I logged off at 18:00, I put my feet up and watched television. At 23:30 I asked a carer if I could go to bed.
This morning I woke at 07:00 and the night carers cut my hair. I cleaned my teeth and shaved. At 08:15 Vera my Nurse came to watch me in the shower. I think she had to assess me. I went to my room and got dressed. I went to the dining room and had 2 Weetabix for breakfast. Skills came and asked me if I wanted to go Pugneys. They said they were leaving at 10:30 and I went to my room. At 10:25 I went to the dining room and went to the minibus with the driver. We waited for two other residents and we set off at 10:40. We arrived at Pugneys at 11:10 and went sit outside of the cafĂ©. I went inside to asked what facilities their are for Disabled persons. She gave me a leaflet and the phone of the Disabled co-ordinator. I told skills that I wanted to have a go but he said the Physio will have to assess it first. I bought a cup of coffee and 2 cups of bird seed. After my coffee we went towards the lake but my wheelchair got stuck. I managed to feed the ducks from the path. We went home at 12:00 and got there at 12:40. I went to the dining room where I had fried fish and mushy peas. I went to my room and skills told me there was a quiz in the garden at 14:30. I asked a carer if she would put sun tan cream on me and at 14:20 I went to the quiz which lasted until 16:00. I went to my room and at 16:25 I went to the dining room. I had a Bacon & Egg sandwich pls ice cream for tea. I went to my room, cleaned my teeth and logged off at 18:30.

No comments: